Monday, September 14, 2009

Something A Little More Personal

I rarely post anything personal on this blog. Most of our personal stuff, is posted on my other blog A Beautiful Life which hasn't been too personal lately being as there is nothing super interesting going on in our lives. We bought a house, so we are spending the weekends when we are at home "kind of" doing things around the house. Yesterday I touched up the paint on the molding in the bathroom. Anyway, last Friday when we were on our drive home for the three day weekend, I was mentioning how long it had been since we had seen Josh's best man, Lopez. In the army no one has a first name. While I know Lopez' first name, there are a bunch of them that I just know by last name. Most of these guys don't even know each other's first names, so why would I? We hadn't seen "Lo-Lo" since January 2008, when he stayed with us. Arriving at 12 am. and leaving at 6 a.m. that morning. Needless to say there wasn't alot of chit chat that morning. I don't even think he let me cook him breakfast.

So when we were on our way home (back to Kelso) Monday afternoon, we got ten minutes away, and were told to "come back, Lopez is here!" He drove down from Ft. Lewis. Did he call? No. So he was really lucky we weren't home already. It was so nice to meet his family, and catch up with Lopez. We laughed over wedding photos, Josh and Lo-Lo shared a drink and we ate pizza. The perfect way to spend Labor Day.




I rarely take my camera out for family events, but I just happened to have my camera in the car. Last weekend was awful for weather so my engagement session is being rescheduled for the second time.

Lopez "proposing" to Josh's cousin, Kyle.

Photo By: Tasha Owen



Josh and Lo-Lo having a moment in the photo booth.

Photo By: Tasha Owen

I have a Boudoir Session to post, but can't post until after the gift receiver receives his gift! Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will you please please please send me some more pics you have of the wedding? i still have yet to see them all and i know theres some of you and i and some others that i would love to see!! :)

-janine